You are excited to watch a new show this evening. You gather your snacks, change into your PJs, and make yourself comfortable on the couch. Then, you switch your TV on.
Everything seems fine for a few minutes and then it begins – your cable TV is unable to get good reception and, as a result, the picture quality is terrible. You are barely able to watch your show and you are frustrated.
Believe it or not, this is more common than you’d think. But, on the bright side, there is a solution.
What is a Cable TV Signal Booster Amplifier?
A signal booster amplifier is exactly what the name suggests – it boosts and amplifies a weak signal to give you great quality output. The best part about it is that you don’t even have to move or change the antenna. It will handle everything and give you even more channels than you currently get.
Best Cable TV Signal Booster Amplifier – Buying Guide
In order to take complete advantage of this advanced device, you should do your research and buy the best based on your needs. Below are the most important factors that you should consider.
- Usage: There are indoor and outdoor amplifiers in the market. The outside ones are weather-proof and need to be mounted outdoors. The indoor ones can be placed at home.
- Gain: Make sure that the amplifier you select gives you a boost of at least 10 dB. You can go as high as 30 dB as well.
- Noise: The noise level should be 2 dB or less. Otherwise, your new signal booster amplifier will be a huge distraction.
Best Cable TV Signal Booster Amplifier
In this section, we will walk you through the top 5 amplifiers available online today. You can compare and choose the best based on your preferences.
1. 4-Port Digital Signal Amplifier Antronix MRA4-8
This 4-port amplifier has F59 terminators and has been designed for various purposes. Along with cable TV, it can help HDTV reception and Internet signal, depending on how you use it. Below are a few details about it:
- The amplifier has a total of 4 ports and each port can give you a gain of 7.5 dB.
- When used with digital cable, it prevents image pixilation and removes snow.
- You can use the amplifier with any standard cable TV service. However, if your system already has an amplifier, this device will not work.
- The amplifier is suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage. It has a nickel plating that prevents corrosion and protects from damage due to rust and fog.
- It provides surge protection of around 6 kV.
- Its noise figure is 3 dB.
- The device comes with a power supply, coax cable, and terminators.
2. 9 Port Bi-Directional Cable TV Signal Booster Amplifier
Those who are looking for an amplifier with more ports and power will certainly like this one. It has 9 (8+1) ports with active return on each. Keep reading to find out more:
- This is a completely lossless amplifier whether you consider it forward or reverse.
- You can use this with all digital and standard cable services. It is also compatible with the Triple Play phone service.
- It comes with surge protection of 6 kV.
- The housing has powder-coated aluminum to prevent corrosion and damage due to snow, rust, salt, fog, etc.
- The manufacturer provides a warranty of 5 years on this device.
- It has been designed to work well inside the house and outside, giving you the freedom to decide its place.
- The amplifier comes with a power supply and 3 F59 terminators.
3. 4-Port Cable TV Signal Booster Amplifier
Here’s another 4-port amplifier at an affordable price. It comes with unity gain, a modem bypass port, and multiple interesting features such as the following:
- The device has 4 outputs and 1 input, which means it also works as a splitter for a multiple TV setup.
- The Unity Gain feature ensures that the output signal strength is exactly the same as the input. There’s no loss.
- You can use it with all standard cable TVs but not with those that already have an amplifier. Please note that the amplifier is not compatible with satellite systems and antenna systems.
- You can be sure that it either meets or exceeds all STCE standards.
- It has a surge protector as well – up to 6 kV.
- The amplifier comes with 2 terminators of 75 Ohms each and a power supply. You have to purchase your own.
4. Arris 4-Port Bi-Directional Cable TV Amplifier
The Arris amplifier is a bi-directional device for homes. It has the capability to boost forward going signals up to 5x. Here are a few more details:
- You can use it to boost standard cable and digital cable signals. It does not work with a satellite dish or amplified antennae.
- Make sure you install the amplifier before long cable runs and splitters.
- The device meets all IEEE surge standards. In other words, it is a safe amplifier that you can easily rely on.
- It is weather-proof and has a protective coating around it, making it safe for outdoor usage.
- It has a passive return path and can be used with 4 devices.
5. GE Indoor TV Antenna Amplifier
This particular signal booster amplifier from the GE Store is an indoor device that’s very easy to install and use. Let’s find out more here:
- It boosts and strengthens the cable TV signal, clearing up all the pixelated channels.
- It also works to improve the signal-to-noise ratio for low noise amplification.
- You can start using it straight out of the box – you just have to connect it to the power outlet and your TV. You don’t need any additional hardware.
- It is compatible with HDTV and gives high picture quality and sound.
- It is one of the most affordable amplifiers.
People Also Ask
Here are answers to a few commonly asked questions:
1) Do Cable Signal Boosters Work?
Yes, they do.
2) Can I Boost My Cable TV Signal Strength?
Yes, you can do that by using an amplifier.
3) Do Cable Amplifiers Go Bad?
Not really. Even if they do, it is an extremely slow process. A good amplifier will last for years without any problems.
4) Can Cable Splitters Weaken Signal?
Yes, splitters can weaken signals and they usually do.
5) Which Coaxial Cable is Best for TV?
R56 coaxial cables are best for television sets.
A cable TV signal booster amplifier has the potential to change the way you watch television by improving the signal and providing better quality. Choosing the right amplifier is crucial to get the output you are looking for. We hope our article helped you in that regard. For more information or to clear any more doubts, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.