Every toolbox must have a cable compression tool especially if you are among those who love being surrounded by electronics and indulge in numerous DIY projects.
But, does the thought of finding the best coax compression tool worry you because you do not have a clue about what’s on the market? Your worry ends here.
Best Coax Cable Compression Tool
We have listed out some of the most popular coax crimp tools for you to choose from:
1. Coax Cable Crimper Kit Adjustable RG6 and RG59
Strong, durable, and adjustable, this coax crimp tool from Gaobige can crimp RG11, RG59, and RG6. It can also compress a variety of metric and imperial F-screwheads.
We’ve listed out its important features here for you:
- The kit comes with a compression tool, a coax cable stripper, and 10 compression connectors
- Users have said that it is quite easy to operate. You can adjust it with the thumb screw with relative ease.
- The stripping blade is also adjustable, which means you can fine-tune it based on insulation thickness so that you do not cause damage to conductors and shielding.
- The handle is well-made with the anti-skid feature so that you get the right grip comfortably.
- The cassette works on both sides – one for RG59 and RG6 and the other for RG7 and RG 11.
- Remember that this does not work with BNC or RNC fittings.
- It is lightweight.
- Wiring up cables, moving TV, installing satellite TV dish, etc. are quite easy with this tool.
2. YXGOOD YXG-7299 Compression Tool RG6 RG59 Coaxial Connectors Crimper Cable
Lightweight and durable while being precise, this compression tool promises long service life among other things. It is made of steel and is quite portable.
Let’s take a look at more features:
- You can adjust the wire stripping pliers by rotating the head. You will, therefore, be able to use it in four different ways for different coaxial cables.
- It has hexagonal tools to adjust the depth of incisions.
- The handle is made of special soft rubber to ensure that usage is comfortable and non-slippery.
- You can use it for twister pair, 4P/6P/8P flat wires, Rg-3C/4C, RG62, RG29, and RG58 coaxial cables.
- The kit comes with 1 compression tool, 1 coax cable stripper, and 20 compression connectors. It also consists of an instruction manual that will help you through the usage process.
- It is a good low-cost kit for occasional use. But, if you are looking for regular or heavy usage, this may not be the one for you.
3. Etekcity Multifunctional Coax Compression Connector Adjustable Tool
Ideal for RG58, RG59, RG6, and F BNC RCA, the Etekcity multifunctional coax compression connector is among the most popular RG6 and RG59 crimping tools out there.
Let’s look at the features to understand why:
- It is designed for heavy usage.
- It has an anti-rust coating that makes it very durable and long-lasting.
- It comes with 2 coaxial cable adapters: RCA, BNC, and F.
- It has double springs for better elasticity and comfortable usage.
- The cable cutter is built-in and considerably sharp.
- It is easy to use, and you can change adapters within seconds.
- The brand offers a 3-month warranty for this tool.
- The kit comes with detailed diagrammatic instructions of how to use the tool, which you may refer for complete understanding. A few users have complained that usage is tricky. This guide should solve that problem. You may also look at videos on YouTube.
- A few users were not happy with the cutter. However, for the price, it is a good find.
4. BAMF Complete Adjustable Universal Compression Tool
Users have voted this one of the best coax compression tools on the market. What’s more, it is also Amazon’s Choice! It is designed with a triple rotating head feature with an interchangeable block to have you save time while using it.
We dug deeper and found out more about this tool. Here are the features we found interesting:
- It is easily adjustable and universal, which means it works with a wide variety of fittings. The head is made on a swivel, which makes this mechanism possible.
- It is solid and durable, made out of heavy duty materials.
- It is designed specifically for heavy usage and is used by many professionals as well.
- The brand says it has been created by expert cable technicians who have years of experience in this field.
- The handle does not have a spring, which means it won’t shift to its original position (or spring back).
- One shortcoming that users have reported is that it is too heavy. Thus, it may not be ideal for amateurs or if you have projects that require prolonged usage.
- It comes with 60-day trial period along with 1-year warranty.
5. Klein Tools VDV002-818 Coax Installation and Testing Kit
This is a complete toolkit that has all tools that are required to connect and test coax cables. It is easy to use, and all the tools are quite reliable.
Here are a few of the features we love:
- The coax cable stripper 2-level allows easy cable preparation through a single operation.
- The coax explorer tester ensures that all your cable connections are stable.
- The compressor crimper can crimp F-connectors.
- While this is specifically made for F connectors, you can use it for RG6 and RG59 cables as well. However, it won’t work for BNC.
- The tester is disposable, and you cannot replace the battery to keep using it.
- A few users have had issues with the tester’s reliability and have reported that it does not work as expected.
- This kit is quite good for a novice but is slightly on the more expensive end when you compare it with the other options.
Hope you enjoyed the reviews of the best coaxial cable compression tools here. Do you have any other coax crimp tools to add to this list? We would love to know about them.