A stripping tool is one of the most basic and permanent products of every coaxial cable installation tools kit. It does both functions; stripping the coax wires and cutting them. Depending on the brand and product build, different stripping tools have different blades, notches, and projections. Whether you need a tool for stripping or cutting a coaxial cable or for preparing in advance to a joint assembly, a good-quality cable stripping tool will fulfill all your such networking needs. I have reviewed the most sought and top branded stripping tools in this list. So, check them and get your most suitable installation tool.
- Best Coax Stripping Tool
- 1) TRENDnet TC-CT70 Universal RG6 Stripping and Cutting Tool
- 2) Greenlee Textron DataShark 70029 Universal Cutter/Stripper
- 3) BlueCosto Universal Tool for Coaxial Cable Stripping
- 4) Platinum Tools 15020C Double Ended Coax Stripper
- 5) Klein Tools VDV110-061 Radial Coaxial Cable Stripper
- 6) WESTONETEK Universal Coaxial Cable Cutter Stripper
- 7) Deluxe Rotary Coax Cable Stripper Cutter Tool
Best Coax Stripping Tool
1) TRENDnet TC-CT70 Universal RG6 Stripping and Cutting Tool
TRENDnet is one of the most renowned brands for providing great networking tools. You can quickly cut and strip both the round and flat 4P/6P/8P coaxial, Ethernet, and telephone cables with the help of this tool. You can use it for personal, business, and gaming needs of networking.
Features and specifications of TRENDnet TC-CT70 RG6 Stripping Tool are:
- Apart from the RG6, it also can handle RG59, RG11, and RG7 coax cables.
- You can even strip and cut the STP, UTP, and Cat5 Ethernet cables.
- It has an adjustable blade depth and a Velcro for holstering & stripping different types of wires.
- It is built with a metal material and deep blue color.
- The design is compact, and the handle is easy to grip.
- There are six different styles to choose your most perfect tool.
- The TC-CT70 comes with a one-year warranty and a toll-free customer care support from the company.
2) Greenlee Textron DataShark 70029 Universal Cutter/Stripper
Here is the complete combo of the stripping and cutting tools to handle all your smart home networking requirements. You can use this excellent instrument for both the flat as well as round UTP/TV cables.
Specifications and features of Coax Stripper from Greenlee Textron are:
- It has an adjustable blade cutting depth which makes it easy to handle the network cables.
- This tool is great for computer, music, phone, cable TV, satellite, security, and other networking fields.
- It can strip and cut the Cat5, Cat5e, and Cat6 Ethernet wires & RG11, RG7, RG59, RG6, and RG6 Quad coax cables.
- The stripping blades are preset that will help for compression.
- It has a simple to use process, so even the beginners can do their job effortlessly.
- You can quickly push on or twist on the ‘F’ connectors of the TV.
3) BlueCosto Universal Tool for Coaxial Cable Stripping
You can use this universal tool from BlueCosto handle different types of Ethernet, coaxial, and telephone cables. It has a simple to use a method with a lightweight design and affordable price. Due to its excellent characteristics, it is one of the widely used cable strippers today.
Features and specifications of BlueCosto Coaxial Cable Stripping Tool are:
- It comes with an adjustable stripping blade to handle cables with different thickness of insulation.
- It keeps the cable safe from the shielding damage.
- The compact & lightweight design makes it extremely portable and easy to store.
- It has an attractive yet sturdy build.
- This stripping tool can take care of the RG6, RG59, RG7, and RG11 coaxial cables as well as STP, UTP, and Cat5 Ethernet & telephone cables.
4) Platinum Tools 15020C Double Ended Coax Stripper
Platinum Tools also provide the market leading components for networking and other computing systems. As it has a double-ended design, it can quickly handle any type of coaxial and Ethernet cables.
Specifications and features of Platinum Tools 15020C Coax Cable Stripper are:
- It can work with RG7, RG8, RG11, RG213, RG59, RG6 Quad, and RG6 coaxial cables.
- It comes with pre-settings, so you will not need to make any adjustment.
- This striping tool will remove the cable jacket effortlessly.
- It will produce 1/4” braid and a 2-level strip which are the standards for connector compression.
- It has a compact & lightweight design with a simple operating process.
5) Klein Tools VDV110-061 Radial Coaxial Cable Stripper
The VDV110-061 from Klein Tools is a two-level coax stripper that helps you to manage the standard video, voice, and data applications. A sliding depth gauge, unique stripping ability, top-quality material, durable operation, and the brand name of Klein Tools are some of the most attractive aspects of this networking instrument.
Features and specifications of Klein Tools VDV110-061 Coaxial Stripping Tool are:
- The blades are made from sturdy high-carbon steel material.
- The two-level design of 5/16” x 1/4” will help you to handle a variety of cables with accurate stripping & cutting operations.
- You can use this tool for RG59, RG6Q, RG6 coaxial cables.
- It has a bright and clearly visible color application which help you to identify its design easily.
- It has a finger loop design which means you can control the rotation quite comfortably.
- You can choose your required equipment from the four different styles of the tool.
6) WESTONETEK Universal Coaxial Cable Cutter Stripper
WESTONETEK is another famous brand which is dedicated to providing reliable and professional equipment for the networking field. You can use this universal coaxial cable stripping tool to strip and cut flat as well as round coax and Ethernet wires.
Specifications and features of Coaxial Stripper from WESTONETEK are:
- It can handle round and flat RG59, RG7, RG11, and RG6 coaxial as well as UTP, STP, and Cat5 Ethernet & telephone cables.
- It has a lightweight and compact design so you can take it anywhere comfortably.
- The operating process is simple and beginner-friendly.
- It comes with an adjustable stripping blade to prevent the damage to the cable with different thickness.
- The grip is made with plastic and blades are made with metal.
7) Deluxe Rotary Coax Cable Stripper Cutter Tool
This cutter stripper tool from Cables Direct Online is another top-quality product that became successful to pick a spot in this list. You can cut and strip the insulation of different types of coaxial and Ethernet cords.
Features and specifications of Coaxial Cable Splitting Tool from Deluxe Rotary are:
- It comes with entirely adjustable and replaceable dual blades.
- Depending on the size of the cable, you can spin the tool clockwise and pull out the unnecessary portion of the wire.
- It is easy to use, maintain, and store.
- This tool is perfect for use with RG58, RG59, RG59 Quad, RG62, RG3C, RG4C, RG5C, RG6QS, and RG6 coaxial cables.
- It can remove 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, and 12mm insulation thicknesses.
Get the Best Cable Installation Tool
It doesn’t matter which from the above coaxial stripping tools you will get for your network installation needs; you will not regret your choice as all of them are easy to use and maintain. But, as you have to choose one product for your personal or professional needs, you have to check the characteristics of the tool and match it with your requirements.
So, which stripping tool will you prefer to purchase for your coaxial cable installation? Let the world know your choice through the comment section below.