Ethernet devices are everywhere. Whether you are at home or at your office, you will see multiple devices connected through the Ethernet. This is preferable because it provides a fast and seamless connection with no drop-offs. But, a slight problem arises when there are multiple devices in one place. Connecting them with each other becomes challenging and organization becomes a nightmare – too many wires!
Put an end to this with the wireless bridge.
What is a Wireless Bridge?
A wireless bridge is a very neat device designed to solve your problem of having to connect multiple Ethernet devices with as many wires. It uses the Wi-Fi to connect them instead. It gets the Internet connection from the primary router and provides it to all the devices connected to it.
Wireless Bridge Buying Guide
Let’s take a look at how we can filter the many options available and buy the right wireless bridge. All you have to do is to follow our checklist below:
- It should have a Wi-Fi repeater mode in order to spread the network to all parts of the room/area. This feature also enables devices to interact.
- Its speed should be commendable. We recommend at least 300 Mbps for 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps for 5 GHz.
- It should have a Wi-Fi to Ethernet bridge so that all the Wi-Fi clients connect with your new set up.
- Try to choose either a dual-band or tri-band wireless bridge for seamless connectivity. Having said that, if you have fewer devices (less than 30) and are not worried about interference, you can choose a single-band bridge as well.
- Needless to say, it should provide a secure network and protect all your sensitive data. Thus, your wireless bridge must have advanced security features.
- Choose one with an internal antenna for the indoors such as homes and offices. If you are looking for one for an industrial or outdoor environment, a device with external antennae will be a better choice.
Best Wireless Bridge
Now, we shall walk you through some of the best wireless bridges on the market today.
1. TP-Link N300 Wireless Portable Nano Travel Router
This is a pocket-sized marvel! It is not just a wireless bridge but also a range extender and an access point. It is also small and portable, enabling you to carry it with you. Its other features are just as attractive. Let’s take a look:
- It is perfect for creating a hotspot wherever you may be. It will provide a fast and seamless connection, enabling you to work, play, and watch live videos with ease.
- It is a single-band bridge and works on 2.4 GHz. It provides a speed of 300 Mbps.
- It comes with a micro USB port and a regular USB port.
- You can easily use this device with your Chromecast.
- It works to improve Wi-Fi strength and remove dead zones from the area.
- TP-Link provides a 2-year warranty along with unlimited technical support.
- It is a very safe device and has a pre-encryption function.
2. IOGEAR Ethernet-2-Wi-Fi Universal Wireless Adapter
The IOGEAR wireless bridge is a single-band bridge as well, providing a speed of 300 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band. It has a small form factor, making it portable and easy to use. Below are a few more details:
- You can set up a wireless bridge with most devices including HDTV, gaming consoles, computers, and Blu-Ray.
- However, it will not work for Enterprise Authentication.
- Indoors, it will work seamlessly for up to 100m while outdoors, its range is 180m.
- The bridge is compatible with all 802.11 b/g/n networks.
- You do not need a separate USB adapter or power outlet for this.
- It is very secure and easy to set up.
- IOGEAR offers lifetime technical support as well as a 1-year warranty.
3. NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range EX2700
There’s no way we can talk about Wi-Fi adapters and bridges without mentioning NETGEAR. The leading brand has multiple products to entice us but we are particularly impressed with the EX2700 for the following reasons:
- It can provide seamless connectivity and cover up to 800 sft.
- You can use this single device to connect 10 devices.
- It provides a speed of 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz.
- The wireless bridge has universal connectivity, which means that it can connect with any cable modem or Wi-Fi router.
- Its Ethernet port further lets you connect with any and all Ethernet devices including gaming consoles.
- It provides a safe network, following all WEP and WPA/WPA2 security protocols.
- The set up is extremely easy. You just need the NETGEAR Wi-Fi Analyzer App to find the right location.
4. TP-Link AC750 Portable Nano Travel
Looking for a dual-band wireless bridge? Here you go! TP-Link AC750 is a portable, dual-band travel router that will satisfy almost all your needs. Here’s a closer look:
- It supports various modes such as hotspot, bridge, range extender, client mode, and access point.
- It has 1 USB 2.0 port.
- The connection it establishes is strong enough for HD streaming on multiple devices simultaneously.
- The micro USB port makes it easy to charge no matter where you may be.
- The set up is simple and straightforward.
- You get a 2-year warranty and unlimited technical support from TP-Link for this device.
5. TP-Link Long-Range N300
This one from TP-Link is the perfect choice if you want an outdoor wireless bridge. It has specifically been designed for this purpose and it does not disappoint. Let’s find out more:
- It has an internal antenna – MIMO.
- You can adjust the transmission power based on your preference, all the way from 0 to 27 dBm.
- Its range is an incredible 5km.
- It works on the Time Division Multiple Access technology for enhanced performance.
- You can use this bridge in different modes such as AP router, AP, client, and AP client.
- The design is quite user-friendly and simple.
- Since it is made for outdoor use, it has the ability to work in extreme temperatures right down to -40 degrees C.
People also ask (FAQs)
If you still have questions about the wireless bridge, some of these FAQs might help you.
Does a Wireless Work in Bridge Mode?
Yes, it will work but only if you have a single Wi-Fi device.
Does a Wi-Fi Bridge Increase Speed?
No, it cannot increase speed. It can only boost it and ensure that you get the maximum possible speed.
Can I Bridge Two Wi-Fi Networks?
Yes, you can.
Does Bridge Mode Turn Off Wi-Fi?
Yes, it will turn off the Wi-Fi.
Can We Replace The Bridge With a Router?
Yes, you can. But they have specific functions. You won’t get the desired efficiency if you swap them.
We hope this article helped you get a thorough understanding of wireless bridges and which one you should purchase. Should you have more doubts, please talk to us and we will do the needful. We are always eager to help.