Coax Combiners: Top TV Signal Combiners of 2019
TV signal combiners may not be the most popular electronic components in the market, but they are beneficial for home and office uses. Their usefulness is best when the features and capabilities of the components match the signal and device requirements. A tv signal combiner is visually similar to a tv splitter, and more often than not, both the features are available in the same device.
It takes two or more tv signals and produces the corresponding signal from them. The combination of signals may or may not give a signal with higher strength. It may also mean that two or more kinds of tv signals are combined into one and sent to the tv input port. Tv signal combiners are especially useful when you want to connect a tv signal with an antenna signal and let it go through the same coaxial cable to the tv receiver.
Coax Combiner: TV Signal Combiners
A tv signal combiner can also combine an antenna signal and a satellite signal, although it is a much more difficult process. In this article, we give you the best tv signal combiners that are available in the market, so you can make an easy choice about a tv antenna combiner that fulfills all your needs:
1) CHANNEL VISION Splitters/Combiner
As a passive device, this 3-way coaxial combiner is equally likely to work as a combiner and as a splitter. It is sturdy from the outside, and the combined signal appears quite clear on the tv as compared to the other units. As a combiner, it can also be used to combine several antenna signals, in which case it passes equal DC power to all three of them.
- It has lower signal loss (5.5 dB) as compared to other coax combiners.
- This tv signal combiner can also be used to connect three over-air indoor antennas to an amplifier, thereby eliminating the need for cables.
- It also has the feature that allows you for easy installation, especially when you have larger coaxial cables.
- It runs on a bandwidth of 1 GHz with all 75-ohm female input/output connections.
- This antenna signal combiner is I/R passive.
2) Linear 4-Way Splitter/Combiner
This tv signal combiner is a bidirectional 4-way combiner that can also act as a splitter. It is one of the best coax combiners for antenna and coaxial cable operations. When DC IR signals are present in the coax, you can use a DC passing splitter while using this device.
- It has a 8 dB insertion loss.
- It runs on a 1 GB bandwidth.
- This combiner can easily combine a VHF and a UHF antenna to give you flawless results.
- However, it does not allow internet signals to pass through.
- If you connect four outdoor antennas and a preamp to this antenna signal combiner you can get OTA channels from all the directions, with no need for a rotor.
3) CHANNEL PLUS Splitter/Combiner
This coaxial combiner is a bi-directional combiner useful for combining antenna signals and coaxial signals. This antenna signal combiner does not allow power to pass through, so if you have an amplifier or if your antenna needs power, the product mentioned as #5 will work better for you.
- It can combine OTA HD antenna signals into one tv input very quickly, giving you the majority of OTA HD channels from the surrounding areas.
- If you plan on using this outside, make sure to use proper measures to ensure no water intrusion and corrosion takes place.
- It takes the best parts of the input signals and gives you a constant output regardless of the strength of the input signals.
4) BAMF SAT/CATV Signal Combiner Mixer, Segregator
BAMF claims to build products that give an improved experience for users, and after going through their products, we couldn’t agree more. This tv signal combiner is made of very high-quality nickel casting and zinc plating. It works excellent with MoCA systems as well.
- The inputs and outputs of this coaxial combiner can connect to cables of any size, including the RG6 and RG59 cable.
- It can combine coaxial and satellite signals in one coaxial cable.
- This antenna signal combiner also has a power inserter that is great for combining power and signal.
- Its structure is such that digital noise is reduced automatically and signal quality is improved.
- It is more reliable than other coax combiners since it has an internal circuit board.
5) Linear ChannelPlus 2-Way Splitter/Combiner
This tv signal combiner is a bi-directional combiner that works for antenna and coaxial signals, as well as satellite signals. A prime difference between this product and product #3 is that this product allows power signals to pass through as well, thereby increasing its applications.
- It has a 1 GHz bandwidth.
- The insertion loss for this coaxial combiner is 3.5 dB.
- It passes the DC IR signals on to the coaxial cable as well.
We hope we have given you the clarity you needed to buy your next tv signal splitter/combiner. Each of these products is of higher quality than average. However, they differ subtly in their features. Depending on your requirements, you can simply pick the one you find best and enjoy high-quality TV channels in your area!