The coaxial cable is a savior, isn’t it? It connects the TV and other devices seamlessly. But, have you
ever grown tired of repeatedly tightening the connections? One or two cables are usually okay, but
when you have to work with multiple cables, this can get tedious really fast.
Like always, we have the solution for you – a coaxial cable wrench! Before you rush to pick one, we
must warn you that there are many things to keep in mind here. We shall discuss them at length in
What Size Wrench for a Coaxial Cable?
Before we jump into the best options out there, we must definitely look at the right size. There are
multiple wrenches in the market. Are all of them ideal for a coaxial cable? We are afraid not. If you
pick up the most common one, you might end up making it difficult for yourself. That’s why we
recommend only the 7/16” open-end wrench.
This particular wrench has to be in your toolkit because it works like a charm for all coaxial
connections. Please do not depend on your hands, pliers, or any other tools for this purpose.
Another thing to remember here is that it is quite easy to over tighten the connections while using a
wrench. The trick to avoiding it is just as easy. All you have to do is to stop a second after you start
feeling resistance. If you go beyond that, you will end up damaging the connector.
Coaxial Cable Wrench
Now that we know which type of wrench to pick, let’s jump to the specifics. Here are our top 5
coaxial cable wrenches.
1. TEKTON 7/16-inch Combination Wrench
The TEKTON wrench for coax cables is Amazon’s Choice and our favorite! It is an open-ended wrench and is angled at 15 degrees, which is perfect for almost every coax cable out there. Its features will make you want to purchase it immediately. Keep reading:
- The 15-degree angle lets you flip the wrench when you want to engage fasteners. This makes it easy to work in tight spaces.
- The other end is a 12-point box end. This is twice more than the standard 6-point end.
- The wrench is made of premium chrome vanadium steel. It also has a mirror chrome finish.
- It lets you work around obstructions as well and prevents round-off.
2. NstallMates 7/16-inch Coaxial Cable Wrench
This handy combination wrench is perfect for everyday use. It is easy to use and designed to require minimal effort while tightening coax cables. Let’s take a closer look at its features:
- One end has the traditional 7/16” opening while the other end has a reversible speed ratchet.
- It has a slim head shank that’s very important to access bolts in tight spaces and to navigate around obstructions.
- You can use the wrench for quick tightening and removal of connectors with very little effort.
- The body is crafted from nickel-plated CR-V steel, which promises durability and strength.
- The tool is handy for professional installers and individuals who engage in DIY projects.
3. GEARWRENCH Long Double Angle Pick – 84014
Another Amazon’s Choice! The GEARWRENCH Long Double Angle Pick is one of the best options out there. We have tried, tested, and loved it. Once you skim through the features, you will agree with us.
- It has a 72-tooth ratcheting box end and another open end.
- To move fasteners, it only needs an angle of 5 degrees. This is an incredible plus point because standard wrenches need at least 30 degrees.
- It has an off-corner loading design. This is important for better grip and ease of use.
- It has a pass-thru technology, which enables you to use the wrench for long bolts and threaded rods as well.
- The wrench is made with alloy steel that promises longer life and strength.
- The tool is resistant to corrosion and rust. It is also easy to clean and maintain thanks to its chrome finish.
4. 7/16” TIGHTSPOT Ratchet Coaxial Cable Wrench
Affordable and reliable, the TIGHTSPOT Ratchet Wrench comes with multiple features that a DIYer will love. It allows 5-degree ratcheting movement, which is crucial, especially when you work in tight spaces. Here are its features:
- It works fast, even in compact spaces.
- It has 72 teeth inside a 100% steel body.
- It is extremely durable thanks to the fact that it went through 7 stages of construction.
- It has a reinforced open end that reduces bolt rounding by holding on to fasteners.
- It is made of steel alloy for lifelong durability.
- The manufacturers seem very proud of their product, which is why they offer an unlimited
warranty. This means that if you are not satisfied you can return the product at any point.
5. Jonard Tools ASWS-R716 Angled Head Wrench
Looking for something sturdy that will never disappoint? Go with the Jonard Tools wrench! It has a patented design that promises to make your life easy. Here’s a walkthrough of the features:
- It has an open-ended head that lets you tighten and loosen nuts, bolts, and connectors all the same.
- It comes with a belt loophole to help you transport it and store it with ease.
- The ratcheting box-end provides precision torque with its 12 points.
- The wrench is made with chrome-plated vanadium steel that provides superior durability and strength.
- The tool has been designed to last a lifetime!
- Some people have complained that it is an expensive tool, but we think it does justice to the price because it is easily reliable and handy.
Now you have absolutely no reason to tighten the screws by hand or choose the wrong tool and
damage your coax cables. Grab the right tool from the list above and tighten all the connections
without breaking a sweat. All the best!