You know that you can have a multiple cable connection to your devices from a single resource. A cable splitter is the best way to do this. To watch the content on an HDTV, we need to pass a coaxial signal to it with the help of Antenna or cable box. Most of such setups include one common thing, and that is a coaxial input. But, the modern TVs come with many other input options like USB direct input or even WiFi to play the media content. So, maybe they lack the coaxial input in the design. If you are a victim of such a case, then this guide on how to connect coaxial cable to TV without coaxial input may help you a lot.
How to hook up cable to TV without coaxial input?
We will use a coaxial converter box to complete the process. Now, follow the steps below to connect antenna to TV without coax.
- Look for the coaxial connection port in the converter box and attach the coaxial cable to it
- Make sure you hook the cable tightly to prevent any connection loss during use
- Now, get the RCA cable to listen audio and attach them to the RCA ports of the connector device.
- The other end of the cable which consists the video input mode should be attached to the applicable port of your TV
- Power on your TV
- Press the ‘input’ button on the remote and then choose ‘video’ option
The content should start to display on your TV screen.
Hooking up an Antenna (indoor) to your TV
FYI, an indoor antenna lets you worry-free from making annoying setup of rooftop antennas and attached cables to your TV. You can hook up an antenna to TV with the help of a coaxial cable if the antenna is built for indoor use. Follow the process below to do that without coaxial input:
- Power off your TV
- Attach one end of the coaxial cable into the “RF IN” port of your TV
- The other end should be connected to the output jack of the antenna
- Make sure to do the tighter connection by fastening the metal end at each side of the coaxial cable
- Plug in the power source to the indoor antenna
- Power on your TV and start enjoying the content
Tip: For better signal, place the device near your window or open place.
The same process can be followed to join HDMI cable or component cable into your TV by using the appropriate cable or satellite converter box. Hope you find this guide on how to connect antenna to TV without coax useful and reliable.
Share your thoughts in the comment section below. Also, if you know any other easy and quick method to establish such connection setup, then you can spread your ideas with the world.