Digital Optical Cable Splitter – Top 5 Toslink Splitters in 2021
Those who have multiple sound systems or speakers at home often face a unique dilemma – which one to use? They can’t use all of them together for a great audio experience, or can they?
We have a reason for you to rejoice! There’s a simple device that will enable you to do this miracle and that’s exactly what we will talk about today. It’s called the digital optical cable splitter or the Toslink splitter and has the ability to help you use different sound systems or bars together.
Having said that, we must note that the market is currently flooded with these and it is important to choose a good one to have the most optimal experience. A cheap product, on the other hand, will cause signal drops and give you an inconsistent performance. To help ease the process of choosing, we have come up with a list of the best. Read on to make your pick.
Digital Optical Cable Splitter
1. J-Tech Digital Premium Quality Splitter
The J-Tech optical cable splitter is wildly popular because it is one of the most reliable options out there. It supports all 5.1 channels and delivers an output of 15 feet. Here are more details about it:
- This is a 1×3 splitter, which means that it has 1 input and 3 outputs.
- It supports DTS and Dolby Digital (5.1) along with PCM stereo in various frequencies.
- It is very easy to setup. You just need to plug it in and start playing!
- The splitter has over-voltage resistance, which means that it can resist changes in voltage and prevent damage.
- It is portable and lightweight.
- The manufacturers offer lifetime technical support with this device.
2. ZEXMTE Digital Optical Fiber Splitter
The ZEXMTE splitter is perfect for connecting projectors, DVD players, and the television. It is a 1 in and 2 out splitter with the following specifications:
- You can effectively split one optical audio source into 2 signals with this one. Please note that this is 1 male in and 2 female out; it cannot work the other way round.
- It is compatible with multiple devices, removing the need for you to disconnect and reconnect as your need changes.
- It has a 24K gold interface, which avoids loss of quality. You can also expect better sound without any jittering.
- The splitter comes in a protected plastic cover to avoid the accumulation of dust. You can remove this cover before you start using it.
- You do not need extra power for this splitter to work.
3. LiNKFOR Digital Optical Audio Splitter
The LiNKFOR splitter is another excellent option that you can explore. It is a 1 in 3 out splitter with an HDMI cable. Let’s find out more about it:
- It is compatible with 5.1 Channel Dolby only. You cannot use it with 7.1.
- It provides excellent transmission over a distance of 80 feet (25m).
- The cable loss is less than 0.2Db/m, which is actually pretty good.
- The device comes with over-voltage protection features, reducing the risk of damage.
- It also has overall shielding and an aluminum alloy design for high quality output.
- In the box, along with the splitter, you will receive a USB cable, a Toslink cable, and a user manual.
4. BlueRigger Toslink Digital Fiber Optic Splitter
You can use the BlueRigger Toslink splitter for your DVD player, PlayStation, TV, etc. It has a fiber optic cable that lets you split the source into 2. Read on to find out more:
- The splitter supports 1 male in and 2 female out. The beauty is that you can use both the female outputs together, without compromise.
- You can use it for 5.1 and 7.1 channels, which means it is compatible with Dolby Digital Plus, LPCM, ADAT, DTS-HD High Resolution, etc.
- It has a solid design with a black PVC outer layer and heavy metal connectors. It also has low-jitter fiber. This ensures that the vibration is at its lowest and the sound quality you receive is of high quality.
- The connectors are also polished to aid better signal transfer and listening experience.
- The device has a lifetime warranty.
5. Optical Cable Splitter VIMVIP
This particular optical splitter is a 1 in and 2 out device that’s compatible with Xbox, PS4, PS3, DVD, CD, PC, and TV. Here are a few more details:
- It is sturdy and strong, made with 24K gold connector, low-jitter fiber, and low-loss fiber optic to provide the best sound quality possible. It also ensures very low signal loss.
- It is a convenient splitter that you simply need to plug and play. No need to worry about setup.
- The device has a 1mm low loss core.
- The manufacturers offer a 12-month warranty service on this device.
All these splitters have been tried and reviewed by experts. No matter which one you choose, you won’t go wrong.
People also ask
Now, let’s take a look at a few FAQs.
Do Optical Cable Splitters Work?
Yes, they work well to split one source into 2 or 3 outputs based on the device in question.
Can you Split a Digital Optical Signal?
Yes, you can split a digital optical signal. You need a Toslink splitter for this.
Does Splitting Audio Cable Reduce Quality?
If you use a good quality splitter, you won’t face this problem, because the best splitters are designed to avoid signal loss.
Can you Use HDMI and Optical Audio at the Same Time?
No, it is not possible to use HDMI and optical audio together.
What is a Toslink Cable?
A Toslink cable is nothing but a digital audio connection from Toshiba.
Always make sure you buy the best available options on the market to ensure that there’s minimal signal loss and high quality performance. If you are still facing trouble choosing the best, we are here to help. Don’t hesitate to write to us.