Spectrum Internet is a leading service that is known for its fast and reliable connectivity. The customer service department is also very friendly and comes to the rescue when there are problems.
If you are planning to switch to Spectrum, there are things you should be aware of, of course. Our article is dedicated to helping you in this regard.
Do You Need A Coax Cable For Wi-Fi Spectrum?
The short answer is YES.
Coax is an important part of the installation process, which is why the company includes a coax cable in its kit. Alongside, you will receive an Ethernet cable, coax splitter, Wi-Fi router in case you subscribe to the Wi-Fi service, modem, phone cable, and the instructions manual.
Without a coax cable, you will not be able to set up Spectrum at home.
How To Install Spectrum Wi-Fi Internet
First things first, you need to locate a suitable coax outlet at home and use the available coax cable to connect that outlet and the modem. Follow the steps below after doing this:
- Take the power cable out from the kit and connect one end of it to the modem and the other to the electrical outlet.
- The online light on the modem will start flashing. Wait until it settles down and is beaming continuously. This usually happens within seconds. If it doesn’t, it’s probably because the modem’s firmware is updating.
- You can use the Ethernet cable from the kit for an immediate wired connection but to get Wi-Fi, you need to activate the Internet.
- For this too, you will need the Ethernet cable. Connect it to the modem and your router.
- Now, connect the router to an electrical outlet.
- The Wi-Fi status light on the router should be a solid blue (not flashing). This can take a couple of minutes.
- After this, find the Wi-Fi network and password on the router’s backside. Select the network on your phone or laptop and enter the password. Boom, you are in!
People Also Ask
1.) Why Do I Need A Coax Cable For Spectrum?
The coax cable provides signals for TV, the Internet, and voice. That is why it is important.
2.) What Kind Of Coaxial Cable Does Spectrum Use?
Spectrum uses RG-11.
3.) Do I Need A Wi-Fi Router with Spectrum?
If you subscribe to Wi-Fi services, Spectrum will provide the router.
4.) Does Every House Have A Coax Outlet?
Yes, most modern homes have one.
5.) Does The Coaxial Cable Matter For The Modem?
Yes, it does. The length and the quality are the two most important considerations when choosing a coaxial cable for a modem.
The coax cable makes multiple things easier especially when connectivity is involved. Whether it is for the TV or the Internet, a coax cable is a must have in all homes. Thankfully, Spectrum has included one in its installation kit. If you are not satisfied with it, though, you can always purchase a better one. We hope our article helped you understand and install the Internet successfully. If you run into problems, make sure you speak to Spectrum. They are very helpful.