Multiple cables lying around the house with an Ethernet cable adding to the litter may make your area seem untidy and disarranged. Apart from an unorganized room, open cables are also capable of creating some serious cable issues and health hazards.
An Ethernet cable being a common item of use may still need to be covered up in order to fulfill the aesthetics of the room. For the very same reason you may want to delve into new DIY ideas and tips on how to hide an Ethernet cable. However, Ethernet cable covers and Ethernet cable hiders have been the most common objects used to systematically arrange a clutter of cables. These covers and hiders come in a variety of materials and structures from which you can choose. If this option does not seem feasible to you, you can still follow DIYs on how to hide Ethernet cable.
It is important that you arrange the cable according to how you want it to run across the room before you plan on how to hide the cables. The structure of your cable plays a vital role in determining what kind of covers you would want to use. Different varieties of covers can be used for different surface areas to adjust your cables at. It can include TV stands or walls. Hence, make sure that you consider all the available areas and structure a route through which your cables can pass from. Cable hiders and covers usually come in flexible, block PVCs, corner chord covers and concealers. It is important to align your cables on the surface that you would like to conceal it as it becomes easier to use covers and hiders with accurate measurements and symmetry.
How to Hide Ethernet Cable?
Here Are Some Tips and DIYs for Best Ways to Hide Ethernet Cable:
- If you are planning to use readymade cable covers and hiders, make sure that you trim the cover to the right length and make use of sandpaper to make sure that the area smoothens, so that everything could fit in the measured routes.
- Hook the Ethernet cables in use behind the nearest furniture, preferably a TV. By using chord clips, you can press the clip on the back edge surface of the furniture and once glued appropriately, you can hook your Ethernet cables according to your convenience.
- Place a nice basket under a console and arrange your cables accordingly. You can decorate the basket with some ribbons and colored papers to give it a fancy look. Create a bundle of chords and organize them in the basket.
- Zip ties the chords together incase you have cables that vary in size and find it difficult to organize them through hiders or covers.
- Jute rope extensions could be spun around the Ethernet cable, to be used as a cover as it not only provides protection but also adds to the decor of the room.
- Used tissue rolls could be used to organize your Ethernet cable by collecting all the wires and grouping it inside an empty tissue roll. The cables can be neatly placed inside a tissue holder.
According to the feasibility and convenience, you are allowed to choose either of the options. Incase the alignment of your cables are right, then you could opt for cable hiders or covers as it is the most suitable requirement for your needs. If not, you can always rely on the classic DIY methods to make the best out of waste. Under this method, you can also cut costs that would otherwise be spent on the products as well as in the purchasing of tools for its installation.