Some television sets do not have an HDMI port. Due to this, you won’t be able to connect devices with an HDMI cable or get high-quality videos. Until recently, most of us made our peace with that but not anymore! You can continue watching HDMI videos and connecting your favorite devices despite the lack of an HDMI port. How, you ask?
Say hello to the HDMI to component converter. This neat little gadget will solve your problems and enable you to watch your favorite shows on your big screen. No more compromise for sure!
Why use HDMI over Component?
HDMI and component, both are considered suitable for high-quality video watching. So, why should you invest in HDMI when you have components? Here are the reasons:
- HDMI is a digital cable while component is analog. A digital cable’s video quality will be superior because there’s no need to convert the signal. This is why, even though HDMI and components are capable of 1080p picture quality, HDMI is the winner.
- With HDMI, you will see high resolution while with component, you may see a low-resolution version because the latter does not support HDCP.
- HDMI does a good job in carrying audio signals, which means that you will not need a separate cable for audio. That’s not true in the case of components.
- HDMI is future-first.
- HDMI also has universal compatibility.
Best HDMI to Component Converter – Editor’s Picks
To make shopping easy for you, we have come up with a list of the best HDMI to component converters on the market today. Take a look!
1. LiNKFOR HDMI to Component Converter
This lovely gadget will help you connect a variety of advanced devices with your old TV or monitor, including Apple TV, PlayStation, Amazon Firestick, and more. Let’s find out its unique features:
- It supports multiple resolutions including 1080p, which means you will get an HD output.
- You can adjust the resolution based on the requirement using the resolution button on the device.
- It is a plug-and-play device that requires no installation or drivers.
- It is compatible with HDMI 1.3.
- It is powered by USB.
- The package comes with a user manual with detailed instructions, a USB cable, and the converter itself.
- Remember that this is only a HDMI to component converter and not vice versa.
2. HDMI to Component Converter – AVEDIO
This is a good quality resolution pass-through converter that will satisfy all your requirements. Using this converter, you will seamlessly be able to convert HDMI input into R/L audio and YPbPr video. Here’s a closer look:
- The output video resolution will be like the input resolution. There will be no loss during the conversion because the device does not have scale function.
- It is compatible with DVI. You will need a DVI-D cable for this.
- You can use it with most HDMI devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Xbox, Playstation, Roku, and other gaming consoles.
- Per channel, you will get a maximum bandwidth of 165 MHz.
- The converter also supports multiple resolutions, 1080p being the highest. The only thing to remember is to ensure that the input resolution is 1080p or less.
- Installation takes only seconds and it is very easy to use.
3. HDMI to Component Converter – EASYCEL
This is a multipurpose converter that can convert HDMI signal into RGB, YPbPr, and 5RCA based on requirements along with R/L audio signal. Below are a few more details:
- You can connect any HDMI device such as a projector, monitor, HDTV, gaming consoles, and streaming devices.
- The converter comes with a scaler engine (in-built) that can scale the signal up or down to give you the ideal output.
- It will work perfectly for those who have display problems where the source resolution is high and the display resolution is low.
- The adapter has on-screen display support that will show you the resolutions (input and output).
- It supports multiple HDMI input and component output resolutions.
- It is a plug-and-play converter that you can install very easily.
4. HDMI to Component Adapter – DINGSUN
This adapter from DINGSUN is another good choice for those who want an HDMI to component converter. You must note, though, that it doesn’t work in the opposite way. This means that it cannot convert component to HDMI. Here are a few more details:
- The converter’s working is straightforward – it converts the given HDMI signal into YPbPr video and R/L audio.
- It works on the scaling technology and can upscale as well as downscale the signal.
- The resolution button on the converter will help you adjust the resolution based on the source.
- You can use it to connect Apple TV, Xbox, Amazon Fire Stick, Nintendo, etc. to your TV.
- It is compatible with HDMI 1.3 and supports 1080p resolution or less.
- It also supports 165 MHz per channel.
5. EASYCEL HDMI to Component Converter
Here’s another option from EASYCEL, which is reliable and easy to install. However, it is slightly more expensive than the aforementioned options. Below are the reasons why:
- You can connect most HDMI devices to your TV with this converter.
- It has a scaler engine that can manage the output resolution based on the source resolution.
- The device has an HDMI to RGB converter as well, which is responsible for on-screen display. It will show you the current resolutions, both output, and input.
- Its HDMI to 5RCA converter will let you choose from various resolutions up to 1080p. Use the resolution switch on the device to change based on the requirement.
- The package includes a power adapter, an HDMI cable, a component cable, and the converter itself along with a user manual.
People also ask (FAQs)
If you have questions about HDMI to component converters, this section may hold the answers.
1) Can you go from HDMI to Component?
Yes, you can, using a converter.
2) Can a Receiver Convert HDMI to Component?
No, it can’t.
3) Is Component Cable as Good as HDMI?
Even though component and HDMI cables are capable of 1080p, HDMI is better because it delivers both audio and video and there is no signal loss during the conversion.
4) How do you Use a HDMI Converter?
Most HDMI converters are plug and play.
5) Are all HDMI Ports the Same?
Yes, they all have the same number of pins.
6) What are the HDMI Versions?
It all started with HDMI 1. Then we have 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, and 2.0a. The latest one is 2.1.
7) Is YPbPr Better Than HDMI?
No, HDMI is better because it is digital. YPbPr is analog.
Choosing the right HDMI to composite converter will ease your problems by converting audio and video signals seamlessly. Remember to choose based on your requirements so that you don’t end up with the wrong one. Also, good quality converters are more durable and can last longer. This is why we advise that you buy them even if they are slightly more expensive. All the best – we hope you have fun shopping!