The MMCX or Micro-Miniature Coaxial Cable is the top choice today when it comes to audio devices. They are known to deliver the superior output and make for perfect gifts for audiophiles. MMCX connectors are just like MCX connectors, but they are smaller. Their lock and snap mechanism make them extremely easy to use. This is also why they are preferred over their counterparts.
MMCX vs 2-pin cables
A lot of queries have been coming in about the better choice between MMCX and 2-pin cables. What are the differences and which one should you pick?
- MMCX cables are circular. You can snap them in any orientation while 2-pin cables can only be inserted in two ways. Only one of those ways is the right one.
- MMCX cables can spin inside while 2-pin cables cannot.
- MMCX cables are known to be more secure while 2-pin cables run the risk of the pins breaking off and getting lodged inside the socket.
- Comparatively, MMCX cables are more expensive but they are more popular due to their ease of use, variations, and sound quality.
Types of MMCX cables
The market has 3 popular types. They are:
- MMCX wired cable
- MMCX Bluetooth cable
- MMCX cable with mic
The wired cables are best for listening to audio while the cables with mic enable you to take calls and record audio. Bluetooth cables are best to go handsfree and are apt for iPhone users.
Best MMCX Cable in 2020
We have shortlisted the best MMCX cables for you so that you choose with ease based on your requirements. Let’s get started.
1. Linsoul Tripowin Zonie – MMCX 3.5mm
It is popular, affordable, and one of the best in the market today. It has a plethora of features such as the following:
- It is a 16-core silver plated cable.
- It suits most devices including high-end earbuds.
- The soft cable is durable and long-lasting. You can easily store it without tangling, which is often the number 1 problem with cables.
- The length of the cable is 1.25 meters.
- Extremely high quality
- Easily affordable
- Not too heavy and not too light
- The thickness is spot-on
- The plastic sleeve that fits around the years may be uncomfortable for a few users
2. Shure Bluetooth 5.0 MMCX Cable
The Shure cable is not just our recommendation but also Amazon’s! There are many reasons behind this, a few of which we have enlisted here:
- It has Bluetooth 5.0 with backward compatibility. It integrates with all Bluetooth sources.
- It has a battery life of 10 hours while playing and 350 hours on standby.
- It supports multiple codecs.
- You can recharge it using a micro USB cable.
- It comes with a shirt clip for easy attachment.
- Its in-line microphone helps make calls easily.
- It has a range of 30 feet or 10 meters.
- Backward compatibility
- Good sound quality
- Adequate volume
- Battery life is shorter than competitors
- The wire could be longer
- Sound quality is not great during calls
3. MEE Audio MX Pro Headset Cable
This is a replacement for MX PRO but you can use it for other models of earphones as well. It is compatible with all MX PRO models and the 1st and 2nd generation models of M6 PRO. Below are a few features:
- It provides wired connectivity.
- It comes with an in-line mic and remote, which means you can control playback and take calls without any hassle.
- The manufacturers offer a 1-year warranty with this cable.
- It is 1.3 meters long.
- Good sound quality
- Good battery life
- Easy-to-use controls
- Not flexible enough for an over-the-ear hook
- Weak BT signal
4. KINBOOFI MMCX Detachable Cable
It is a 6-core upgraded cable that serves as a replacement for Shure and Westone. It is reliable and is priced under $25. The features include:
- The cable is available in 2.5mm and 3.5mm audio jack variants. Please pick the one that suits your needs.
- It uses the silver-plated copper wire.
- The length of the cable is around 47 inches or 1.2 meters.
- It duplicates the original sound well and minimizes distortion to a large extent.
- It comes with a 12-month warranty.
- Widely compatible with anything that has an MMCX connector
- Loose connectors
5. Westone Bluetooth Cable – Earphone and In-Ear Monitor
The newest version (V2) of the Westone Bluetooth Cable has seen a significant upgrade. It is more reliable and has happy users. Let’s find out its highlights:
- It is a Bluetooth 4 cable.
- It comes with a mic and controls for volume, music, etc.
- It offers around 8 hours of battery life.
- It is resistant to sweat and water.
- It has a 10-meter range.
- Multiple wearable positions
- Comes with a charging cable
- Quick recharge time
- Short battery life
All these MMCX cables have been tried and tested. They are among the top sellers today. So, all you have to do is to choose based on the type of cable you are looking for. If you are still confused, please leave a comment and we will do our best to help you.