Are you looking for an easy solution to getting Internet over a high range without having to use Wi-Fi? We all know Ethernet works much better when we play games, start programming, or stream HD content, but it can be difficult if we only have a coaxial cable.
- How to Convert Coaxial to Ethernet?
- Coaxial to Ethernet Adapter
- 1) Actiontec Ethernet over Coax Adapter Kit for Homes (ECB2500C)
- 2) Dualcomm Ethernet Over Coax (EoC) Adapters
- 3) CCTV Coax BNC Video Power Balun Transceiver to CAT5e 6 RJ45 Connector
- 4) Kenuco Passive Ethernet over Coax with BNC Connector
- 5) Actiontec Bonded MoCA 2.0 Ethernet to Coax Adapter (ECB6200K02)
How to Convert Coaxial to Ethernet?
This is a common query we get from our users. Some others ask if there’s a way at all. Yes, there is a way, and it is quite simple. You need a coaxial to Ethernet adapter, which is easily available on the market.
Coaxial to Ethernet Adapter
There are quite a few options that you can pick from. We advise that you go through some of the best in the market for top converter kits and then make a choice. To make this easier for you, we have compiled our list of coax to Ethernet converters right here:
1) Actiontec Ethernet over Coax Adapter Kit for Homes (ECB2500C)
Available in single and twin packs, the Ethernet over coax adapter kit comes with the capability to work without MoCA. Thus, you do not need a router that has MoCA or a MoCA itself to use this kit. It is affordable and one of the best products out there.
Let’s take a look at a few more of its features:
- It has quite a few uses, but one of its top applications is in home theater systems. You can enjoy streaming content from various cable services, but the brand says this converter kit is not a good option for those with satellite TV.
- You can expect throughput speeds of around 270 MBPS.
- You won’t have to worry about interference from surrounding devices with this kit.
- It is specifically designed keeping high-bandwidth applications in mind.
- The kit comes with a detailed setup manual that makes the process very easy.
- The device is hardware encrypted so that your data is only yours.
- It can accommodate up to 15 devices.
2) Dualcomm Ethernet Over Coax (EoC) Adapters
Slightly more affordable than the Actiontec adapter kit, this twin pack coax to cat5 converter from Dualcomm pretty much has the same functionality. It is also a popular product on the market, and many go for it due to its price and reliability.
We have listed the features of this coax to cat5 converter below:
- You can expect transmission up to 240 meters.
- It is a good choice if you are looking to migrate video surveillance to difference systems that are IO camera based.
- It is a passive adapter that works well for Ethernet transmission over a regular coaxial cable.
- It is quite easy to install, and users love that it is easy on the pocket.
- Remember that this works only for the point-to-point connection. You cannot expect great results if you also have a splitter for the adapters.
3) CCTV Coax BNC Video Power Balun Transceiver to CAT5e 6 RJ45 Connector
As the name suggests, this connector has a specific purpose. This coax to RJ45 converter works to route data/audio/video signals through RJ45 and UTP. The connector is available in sets of 1, 4, 10, and 20 pairs. It is quite affordable and saves you at least 30% of regular cable cost.
Let’s dig deeper and learn a few more features of this coax to RJ45 converter:
- It supports NTC, SECAM, and PAL formats.
- It is compatible with HD-AHD, HD-TVI, and HD-CVI.
- It provides top-notch noise immunity.
- It is a non-amplified or passive device that lets you transmit color video or real-time monochrome video over a UTP (twisted pair) telephone wire.
- The brand also prides itself in the fact that this product has built-in transient suppression protection.
- It comes with 60 DB crosstalk.
- It is compact and very easy to install.
4) Kenuco Passive Ethernet over Coax with BNC Connector
One of the lesser known but still good coax to Ethernet adapters, Kenuco provides passive full duplex 10 Mbps bandwidth. It does not need any additional power since it is a passive Ethernet over coax connector.
Explore a few more of its features here:
- It is very easy to install – you just connect its end with the coaxial cable, and you can get started. It is also just as easy to use.
- It is small and compact, ensuring that your setup is not tacky or messy.
- Once you buy this, you won’t have to invest in any other device or adapter. You can use your current coax cable and still update your IP based system with ease.
- You can expect a transmission of around 10Mbps data over this cable.
5) Actiontec Bonded MoCA 2.0 Ethernet to Coax Adapter (ECB6200K02)
Another masterpiece from Actiontec, this model is completely reliable when it comes to enhancing the Internet in your house. It specifically does wonders for cable TV and makes streaming content a breeze.
Here are a few of its features:
- It is compatible with any device that has a provision for Ethernet, such as Xbox, PS3, and Blu-ray.
- It has backward compatibility with MoCA 1.1.
- You don’t need to worry about any interference from other devices that you may have.
- It provides an incredible speed of 1 Gbps so that you watch the best HD videos without hassle.
- You can seamlessly integrate it into your existing coaxial setup.
- The brand specifies exactly how you can setup and use the device so that you don’t get confused.
- It is easily one of the most popular coax to Ethernet adapters out there.
We think it is pretty clear through this list that different kits come with different functionalities and features. We cannot decide the best one for you because it mostly depends on your preferences and requirements.
Do you have any other adapters in mind? We are eager to know what they are. Comment and let us know!