Professionals often have to use multiple monitors by connecting them to their PC or laptop. However, some devices only have a single DVI video port. In this case, a DVI splitter comes handy. It splits the cable so that you connect two monitors with ease. It also works to amplify the signal so that there’s no loss during this process.
Since there are many choices on the market, choosing one has proven to be difficult for our readers. That is why we have come up with this comprehensive list. It has our favorite picks curated just for you.
DVI Splitter for Dual Monitors
1. Tripp Lite DVI Y Splitter Cable
The Tripp Lite Splitter Cable is compatible with projectors and monitors. It works wonderfully to split the signal, which is why we think you should buy it. Here are a few more details:
- You can use it to simultaneously display the same image on two monitors or extend the display to the second monitor.
- It comes with a male DVI-D connector on one end and two female connectors on the other.
- The cable is 1-foot long.
- It is capable of displaying resolutions up to 1920 x 1080.
- The splitter is compatible with PCs as well as Macs.
- The manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty on this splitter.
2. StarTech DVI Splitter Cable
The StarTech DVI Splitter Cable is a trust-worthy and affordable option. It has a coaxial connector and works wonderfully to split the cable. Here’s a closer look:
- It can connect 2 DVI-D displays to the source DVI-D display.
- It comes with a 1-foot long cable that’s quite sturdy.
- The connectors of this splitter cable are gold-plated and provide high levels of strain resistance.
- The splitter cable can mirror DVI-D displays as well as extend the display based on your requirement.
- You can connect projectors, plasma TV, HDTV, DVD player, etc. with this splitter.
- The manufacturers provide a lifetime warranty with this one.
3. Postta DVI-D Dual Link Cable
Here’s another affordable option for you! We love the fact that this splitter comes in multiple variations with respect to the cable. From 6 feet to 20 feet, you have various options to pick from. So, if you need a long cable, this is the splitter to go with. Below are a few more features for you:
- This is a shielded cable with a ferrite core that suppresses noise and minimizes interference. With this cable you don’t have to worry about any crosstalk or loss of signal due to RFI.
- You can use the cable to connect your computer to projectors, HDTV, CRT displays, and flat panel displays.
- From 1080p to 2560 x 1600, it supports multiple resolutions, redefining your viewing experience.
- The cable also has a copper conductor that’s 99.99% oxygen-free. This ensures that the signal transfer is seamless.
- The connectors are gold-plated and they resist corrosion while ensuring rigidity.
- The manufacturers provide a 1-year warranty.
4. BQLZR Video Splitter Adapter
This is a male DVI-I to female VGA video splitter cable. It helps you split an image to two monitors via VGA connections. Below are a few more details:
- The BQLZR video splitter adapter is a plug-and-play cable that’s very easy to install.
- It provides functionality between VGA and DVI-I and improves the system’s efficiency.
- It supports various audio formats as well.
- Once you start using this cable, you will enjoy realistic, HD videos with ease.
- The connectors are resistant and highly durable.
5. CablesOnline DVI-D Dual Link Splitter Cable
The CablesOnline splitter cable mainly works to mirror video signal on two monitors. It is an affordable option that works wonderfully. Here’s more about the cable:
- It is compatible with DVD players, monitors, TV, and projectors.
- It has 1 male plug and 2 female plugs.
- The connectors are gold-plated and corrosion-resistant. They ensure seamless connectivity.
- They are also shielded and molded to avoid any sort of interference, particularly RFI and EMI.
- The cable is around 1-foot long, which is a standard with DVI splitters for dual monitors.
People also ask
Let’s skim through some FAQs so that we understand DVI splitters better.
What Adapter Do I Need for Dual Monitors?
HDMI is the standard adapter. You may also use DVI or VGA.
Do I Need a Splitter for Dual Monitors?
Yes, you will need a splitter. You may also need a video card based on the type of splitter you purchase.
Is Dual Link DVI Better than HDMI?
With a dual link DVI you will get good resolution and it is ideal for games and videos. But, if you have HDMI, you should stick to it. It is easy to use and hassle-free.
A DVI splitter cable is quite handy and flexible. It can make working seamless for computer professionals who rely on a multi-monitor setup. If you have any doubts about it or would like us to address any of your concerns, please write to us or leave a comment.